Please review the following instructions and requirements before printing off the application form. Thank you.
9-1-1 Employment Application Instructions:
- All sections must be completed to the best of your ability.
- You may complete the form if you have completed the APCO Basic Telecommunicator's Course, or, if you are presently enrolled in this course. If you are not presently APCO certified, you may wish to check with Hocking College or Tri-County Vocational School for class availability. Also "virtual" classes are available on the Internet (www.apco911.org).
- If you are selected for an interview, you will be required to take and pass a drug screening test, which will be paid for by Hocking County 9-1-1, as a precondition for employment. Also, random drug testing is a condition for continued employment with Hocking County 9-1-1.
- Applications will remain active for ninety days. After ninety days, all applications will be placed in an "inactive" status. In order to reactivate the application, the applicant must physically renew the application by coming into the 911 Center and requesting same.
- Hocking County 9-1-1 is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate applicants on the basis of race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.
- All applicants recognize that Hocking County 9-1-1 enforces a tobacco-free working environment.
9-1-1 Basic EST Hiring Criteria:
|•||Age:||At least 21 years old.|
|•||Education:||High School diploma or equivalent.|
|•||Special Training:||APCO Basic Telecommunicator's Certification|
|•||Drug Testing:||Yes, with no drug or alcohol-related convictions in
the past three years
|•||Criminal Record:||No felony convictions. No misdemeanor
convictions involving moral turpitude.
|•||Position Testing:||Yes, as required.|
|•||Computer Skills:||Yes, basic computer knowledge and usage.|
|•||Applications Avail.:||Hocking County 911 Center
52 E. Second Street
Logan, Ohio 43138
Director of 911 Operations